NextAlarm offers a Broadband Adapter which connects your alarm panel to your router or home gateway. This connection allows the alarm panel to communicate over your high-speed Internet service, allowing you to disconnect your landline phone service.
With the alarm panel connected to the Internet, NextAlarm allows you to choose where your alarm signal is sent.
- If you are still under contract or prefer to remain with your current alarm monitoring company, NextAlarm can transmit your alarm signal to your current monitoring center. This is done for a nominal monthly fee.
- If you are out of contract and interested in saving more money, NextAlarm can provide the same monitoring and live dispatch service you currently have, but at a significant discount.
By connecting your alarm panel to the Internet, NextAlarm delivers enhanced features you can’t get anywhere else. These features include:
- E-Notify – alarm notifications are sent to you through email or SMS text message
- E-Notify Latchkey – arm/disarm events are sent to you through email or SMS text message
- V-Notify – alarm notifications are sent to you through an automated phone call
- Online Signal Log – view your alarm history online including arm, disarm, and other alarm events
- Online Test Mode – place your alarm panel in test mode without having to call the monitoring center
- Line Integrity Monitoring – NextAlarm constantly monitors your Broadband Adapter and sends notifications if it goes offline due to power or Internet-related outages.