With this InstallCard, a professional technician will install an ABN adapter so that your alarm systsem can communicate with NextAlarm Central monitoring by utilizing your existing broadband Internet connection. The technician will:
Disclaimers (situations where extra charges may apply)
- Unpack and mount the ABN adapter near the existing alarm main control box
- Connect the unit to the phone line output of the alarm main control box
- Connect the unit to an existing Ethernet port near the alarm panel, or if no port exists connect a customer supplied wireless bridge
- Confirm connectivity using the LED indicator lights on the ABN unit
- Test connectivity to the Central Monitoring Station
- There is no network connectivity near the alarm main control box. Requires wireless network adapter or hardwired Ethernet port.
- Alarm panel is hardwired to the phone line, requires installation of an RJ11 phone jack.
- There is no open port on the network router. Requires router upgrade, port extender, or addition of a wireless router.